Mom's Paleo Apple Crumble


Last week on Instagram I posted this:



And wouldn't you know, there were peeps out there that wanted the recipe.  Which always surprises me since I'm a firm believer that the food I eat is boring and drab.  I eat twigs and berries.  I eat clean, and grain free, and sugar free.  Why would anyone be interested?

Well you were, and thankfully my mom, who started Paleo the 2nd week in July, has been on culinary adventure with the Paleo diet.  This is great for me, because I rarely have the time or the energy to test recipes that are foreign to me.  But mom, in her leisure, does.  And as if I didn't love her enough already, she then goes on to make delicious deserts like Apple Crumble that make me love food again.

As a side note, I super proud of my mama who took my advice and started the Paleo diet to help with her diabetes.  So far she is down to only one insulin shot a day, and she has lost 15 pounds.  Food heals friends, I'm telling you!

This recipe I'm sharing is originally from the book Practical Paleo.  I bought it from Amazon, and it not only has delicious recipes that are easy, but it has lots of info on how to heal your body with food.  If you've been on a long journey with diabetes, digestive issues, or any type of auto immune issues, this book could really help.  And just so we are clear, they are not sponsoring this post in any way shape or form.  I'm just happy to be eating things like this Apple Crumble.  If you have the book, or buy it in the future, this recipe can be found on page 406, as Fresh Blueberry Crumble.

Mom's Paleo Apple Crisp

6 medium apples, peeled and sliced (Mom used Granny Smith)
Juice of one lemon
1 cup Almond Flour
1/4 cup coconut oil melted
2 TBL maple syrup
1/4 tsp cinnamon
2 pinches of sea salt

Peel and slice your apples, coat them with lemon juice to keep them from browning.  Once coated layer them in the bottom of a 9x11 baking dish.  In a bowl combine the almond flour, coconut oil, maple syrup, cinnamon, and sea salt, until it resembles a crumble.  Sprinkle crumble over the apples, and place in a 375 degree oven for 30 to 40 minutes, Mom says in her oven it only takes 30 minutes.

Enjoy and let me know if you try it.
I'm pretty sure I'm going to be eating this all season!